The Practice Transformation Strategic Initiative Group has been plugging along and recently updated the DFM Advisory Council on its progress to date. Here are some of the highlights…
There is a larger Advisory Group who serve in a consultative capacity, offering diversity to the conversation and direction toward the creation of a comprehensive, department-wide Practice Transformation strategic plan, ensure synergy and minimize duplication of efforts and provide a mechanism to make sure that all department needs/resources are being addressed in the strategic vision and plan.
The smaller Work Group examines in detail all that needs to get done, compiles a fit-gap analysis for resources, fosters effective communication between group members and generates design elements for the plan. And works.
Important issues and projects on the immediate horizon for this group includes (but is not limited to):
- AHRQ INSTEPP – Self Management Tools
- CMS Practice Transformation Query
- Evaluation Hub – how does it fit/overlay
- Extension Service
- New PCMH Fellow (Aimee Falardeau) starting in August – looking to establish a monthly seminar series focused on Practice Transformation
- Payer Initiatives (CU Anthem cap redesign, Colorado HealthOp, Direct Primary Care CU Health Plan, and ACC RCCO
- Public Data Utility
- Relationship with HealthTeamWorks
- Sports Medicine
- UC Health Primary Care Service Line, including Care By Design model (and evaluation), wraparound services and population management software
Progress to date: The group has been successful in establishing synergy and a collaborative group that is beginning to understand all of the activities going on across the department, local system, and state. It’s been a very organic process and the group has become a safe place to vet ideas, ask questions and has allowed for cross-pollenation of ideas and breaking down silos.
The group has been in a holding pattern until they knew more about the status of the SIM grant, as well as the UC Health Primary Care Service Line, and will begin to develop infrastructure to deal with these new opportunities as soon as the proposal for SIM has been submitted (it’s due 7/7!). Questions they’re looking to answer include:
- How do we define the roles and responsibilities of the work group members, including who’s doing what and when on various projects?
- How do we work within and with existing programs structure (i.e. Practice Innovation Team, Evaluation Hub and policy team)?
- What are the immediate resources needed and how do we balance against immediate work and master planning?
- How do we triage new projects and assign teams to work on each of them?
- How big do we want to be and where should our focus be?
To download a copy of the materials distributed at the Advisory Council, click here.
Stay tuned for more information coming soon! Questions? Please contact .
Member of DFM since: August 2013
Who you are and what you do:
I am a geek who likes fire and is a technology problem solver.
What are the three most important things you’re working on?
Just finished moving Radiology onto DFM servers, shutting down old obsolete servers and helping people.
Why do you like working for DFM?
Each day is different, I am not tied to a desk and I get to move around solving problems.
What are your passions?
Hiking and fireworks. I get to fire two shows this year – one at Hudson Gardens and another at Green Valley Ranch. I just got back from a trip to Patagonia, Chile – the southern tip of the world before Antarctica! (see photo)
What do you do away from work?
I am a dog servant- I walk and throw the ball for my dog!
Favorite movie and why?
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off- it always makes me smile.
I was the Crew Chief for a Jet Powered Dragster!
Carolyn Emsermann ~ 14 years
Linda Niebauer ~ 14 years
Aaron Hughes ~ 13 years
Caroline LeClair ~ 7 years
Joanna Stratton ~ 6 years
Don Nease ~ 3 years
Stephanie Kirchner ~ 1 year (back)
Jameel Mallory ~ 1 year
Jessie Pittrizzi ~ 1 year
Larry Green ~ 37 years (!)
Wilson Pace ~ 35 years (!)
Colleen Conry ~ 30 years
John Hill ~ 20 years
Sourav Poddar ~ 17 years
Dan Burke ~ 16 years
Diana Tidler ~ 15 years
Helen Macfarlane ~ 14 years
Laura Pickler ~ 14 years
Cathy McElwain ~ 13 years
David West ~ 11 years
Shannon Langner ~ 9 years
Matt Leiszler ~ 6 years
Anna Svircev ~ 6 years
Heather Bleacher ~ 5 years
Michele Doucette ~ 5 years
Kyle Knierim ~ 5 years
Jena Reichelt ~ 5 years
Exercise Away Your Stress! Join Family Medicine’s exercise session with a personal trainer every Tuesday from 3 – 4 PM at the Health and Wellness Center! Just $7/session, with easy payment via Square.com or PayPal. Contact or for more information!
RUN (or walk) WITH US! The DFM has a team for “the happiest 5K on the planet” – The Color Run – on August 2nd. This family-friendly event is open to all ages and fitness levels! Our team name is “DFM Rocks” and the price is $40 until June 30, then it goes up to $45. Sign up quickly as spots are filling up fast! http://thecolorrun.com/denver/
You don’t run, you say? That’s ok – this is a Run/Walk AND/OR you can get motivated and train to run a 5K in just a few weeks by visiting Couch to 5K
ALSO….. Wellness Wednesdays are continuing – join us the 3rd Wednesday of each month for a different lunch-and-learn topic related to your health! Upcoming sessions (AO1, room 3101 from noon-1:00 p.m.):
- July 16th – healthy recipe exchange and potluck!
- August 20th – Integrating Behavioral Health into Everyday Life, Shandra Brown Levey, DFM